Friday, July 07, 2006

PATCHALOT PATTERNS


If you have read my profile, you know that I teach quilt classes, and design and sell my own patterns. I love quilts and I enjoy the patterns and designs of many popular quilters. I also love vintage quilts and draw lots of inspiration from them. My purpose in creating this blog is NOT to advance my pattern sales. I do show my designs on this site because that is what I have made or am working on. I enjoy seeing what other quilters are making and I enjoy sharing my stuff with you. I will always try to identify the quilt designer when I display a quilt. I want to give credit to them. I may not mention it if I am the designer. That feels awkward to me. I am not a good self-promoter, but that is OK. I am happy where I am, doing what I like to do. If you would like to look at my patterns, please go to my web site, www.patchalotpatterns.com. Most of my designs were made with classes in mind. They are not difficult, and they are based on traditional patterns. If you want to try your hand at one of my designs without buying a pattern, go for it. That is what quilters have been doing for generations. If you want to show it on your blog, I will feel complimented! If you want to otherwise publish it, then I will be ticked! Having said that, My Happy Place, and those patriotic quilts that I posted are my designs. Buy 'em or try 'em, if you want to. Any questions, you can contact me at patchalotpatterns@yahoo.com. Thanks for reading this. I know it is more fun with pictures! I'll post some later!

5 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

I did visit your website and you have some cute patterns on there. I'm always interested in seeing what other people are working on and I don't mind self promotion - go ahead and promote!

It's interesting that you mention using the designs without buying the pattern.

I use EQ5 and frequently see quilts that interest me in books and on the internet. It's so easy to see a quilt and then work up a pattern yourself.

I have hundreds of quilt books so I'm certainly not against buying patterns but with the internet lots of times I do see a cute quilt and print it off for future reference and inspiration.

I personally don't sell or submit any of my quilts for publication but I bet as a designer its a hot issue for you.

Linda C said...

That's the same quilt that is on the left in the patriotic quilt shot!

I'll be sure to look at your others on your website, Marcie.

ForestJane said...

Why not put a link to your website on the left sidebar of your blog?

I'm interested in patterns, but like Mary, with EQ5 it's so easy to make my own. And I've yet to make a quilt exactly (or even close) to someone else's pattern.

Bonnie said...

Thanks for the information on your quilts. I was happy to know that there is a pattern for My Happy Place. I had printed it thinking maybe I could figure it out, but it will be much easier to purchase the pattern!

Eileen said...

What a wonderful place to live and work. DH and I have always loved Virginia Beach. When our children were small, we'd try to go at least once every other year. I'll have to check out the shops the next time we go.
I like your Homeport and Happy Place quilts most.