Thursday, November 16, 2006

FIREMAN FABRIC #2


Just a note on the FIREMAN FABRIC from a previous post. I had a really hard time deciding who should receive the fabric. I wish I had more! Two ladies in particular really caught my attention and I couldn't decide so, I ended up flipping a coin. I didn't stop to think that this would be difficult! The fabric is going to Trudy in Iowa. Her husband has been a fireman for 30 years and now her son is. She says she recognizes what angels firemen truly are! Trudy is very involved in the community of firefighters and does lots of volunteer work, including cooking and quilting! She will put the fabric to good use. My uncle, Burt Winspear, was a fireman in Buffalo, NY years ago, and so I am very sentimental when it comes to firemen. I wonder if my grandmother bought the fabric? I don't know, but I am happy that it is finding a new home in a family of firemen. I hope Trudy will share her quilt with us when it is completed.

2 comments:

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh how wonderful! I"d love to see what Trudy does with it.

Patti said...

Oh, I so wish I could take a workshop with them! How very lucky you are to have been able to do this. We have several national people come to guild every year, but very few people in guild do this kind of work so I doubt very much whether the program chair would be interested in having them.