Wednesday, January 23, 2008

PIONEER TRAIL



Last Friday was a fun day! There is a Quilting Bee that meets at the LQS every Friday, and they invited me to join them there for lunch. The reason is that they had swapped Shoofly blocks for my pattern Pioneer Trail, and they wanted me to come and see the finished quilts. I was excited that they had chosen my design for their swap! Five of the ladies had completed their quilts. In spite of the fact that many of the blocks were of the same fabric, each quilt had its own look according to how the quiltmaker placed fabrics and the border fabric that they chose. Each quilt was a beauty!
In this quilt the Shoofly blocks represent the wagon wheels rolling west along a dusty zig zag trail, hence, the name Pioneer Trail. Each of these quilters had fun deciding how much grass or mud to include in their own trail.
Barb is holding her quilt in the first photo. Barb chose a fabulous Ginny Beyer print fabric for the border of her quilt. It looks lovely!


In the second photo Mary Lynn shows her quilt. Mary Lynn included a pieced border on hers as my original quilt had.




The border that Betts put on hers, in quilt #3 is a poison green from the Pennsylvania Plain and Fancy collection. It looks great!










Pat, with quilt #4, chose a beautiful border fabric for her quilt that really sets off the colors of the blocks.







The final quilt, #5, was made by Bobbie. She actually completed her quilt for Christmas and gave it as a gift. I took this photo back in November, I think, and Bobbie's face is nowhere to be seen! Great looking quilt though, and someone received a great gift from her. I know I have posted at least two other quilts that Bobbie has made on my website (Patchalot Patterns) in the gallery. These will all be posted there also for inspiration to anyone who views them.

Thanks ladies, for inviting me to share in the unveiling of your finished quilts and for allowing me to share your beautiful quilts with my blogging buddies!


21 comments:

Rose Marie said...

What a wonderful parade of quilts! Love the pattern and each made it their own which is always great to see.

Darlene said...

Wow, they are terrific - talk about Eye Candy. Thank you for sharing, Marcie.

jeanette said...

Wow! Beautiful quilts!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wow, talk about a talented group of quilters. How nice of them to share!

antique quilter said...

What fun to see all these quilts using the same pattern!
Love Betts border choice and the last one by Bobbie is great. I love the scrappy border,use up what you have
Great pattern would love to make this quilt too!
Kathie

Anne Ida said...

How cool to see the difference fabric choice makes! And all the quilts look really great! Thank you for sharing, Marcie!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

How thrilling for you, being invited to see your "babies" come to life! They're all pretty, WOW!

Darcie said...

How fun for all of you! It's not often that a guild gets the real live designer in their midst!

Melanie said...

Beautiful quilts -- I love how the border fabrics give each quilt a different personality....I've never been in a guild or quilting group... never really wanted to, but you make it seem fun.

Lea said...

Wow, this is a great pattern and love everybody's quilts!
Your blog have a good online "show & Tell"! I always enjoy your post. :-)
Thank you, Marcie & Ladies for sharing us your beautiful quilts.

Paula said...

Marcie, that must have been such a wonderful time for you! Imagine people taking a great pattern that you designed and through the use of borders, making it their own. They did a great job and it shows off your designing skills so well. You know you've designed a great quilt when any fabrics quilter's use look good! Great job!

sewprimitive karen said...

What a nice show and tell, Marcie; and it's your very own quilt pattern!

Kairle Oaks said...

What great quilts! Beautiful design, Marcie!!! I have a quilt made from shoo fly (churn dash) that were swapped with friends. It's a great way to get a nice variety of fabics in a scrappy quilt!

Carole said...

Sweet looking quilts! How wonderful for you! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your pattern and the quilts are all beautiful, It is always nice to see how a same pattern is turns with differnt colr choices

Unknown said...

that quilt is beautiful, and what a neat experience to have these women make your quilt!

Libby said...

Oh my so different and each one a beauty *s* I can't imagine how thrilling it must be for you to see your design interpreted by others.

Yvonne said...

That is really awesome....how fun for you. They are all so different....you go girl!

*karendianne. said...

Wow! This was fun. At first I thought I'd "pick a favorite" but gee wiz, I couldn't.

I think I love the pattern!!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man they are all wonderful!

Lucy said...

Love to see all these pioneer trails :-)