Thursday, January 03, 2008

QUILTS AND QUESADIAS

Hey, I did it! I figured out how to load photos to my son's computer. He has an Apple, so it is different than my PC. The photo shows the afore mentioned Scrappy Trips from Bonnie's Quiltville site. I have about 10 blocks made, and they are so addicting, which suits me just fine with my OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder, in case you are the rare quilter that doesn't have it). This photo shows 4 blocks sewn together. Isn't it cool? Your eyes just race all over the lines and colors. This will be a great quilt for stash busting! Thanks Bonnie!

I went to lunch today with my Dad and my sister for my birthday. Well, that was our excuse, but we would have gone anyway! We went to a Mexican restaurant that I love! It is so darling inside and out! It was built a couple years ago and is in an old Mexico adobe style, with a courtyard in the front and lots of pots of flowers, etc. Inside the walls are Mexican colored picture tiles part way up the walls. I sat in our booth wishing I had my camera, because several of those painted tiles would have been beautiful quilt blocks. I almost always order the Glazed Shrimp Quesadia. It is the best! I never get enough good Mexican food! Love it!

Thanks so much to all who stopped by with good wishes. I even heard from some that I haven't met before. You all are the best! It's sad that I have to beg, but look at the great results I got! VBG!!!

8 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

Your scrappy trips blocks look great! That is on the list of Bonnie's patterns that I want to make.

Patti said...

Wah! All I can see is a box with a red X. I want to see your scrappy trips!

Nana B said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, etc. etc. etc. Ha Ha I know how old you are too!!!! I can't see the scrappy photo either, don't know why. I'm taking Becky to the airport tomorrow, other than the day she came home that is all we've seen of her. busy girl. I cheated with my stash, I donated a whole bunch to a group that make Quilts of Valor, it's a great way to whittle down those piles, especially of the old stuff. Say Hi to your Dad and the kids. Love Mary

Kim said...

Dang, Marcie, your photo disappeared! Happy belated birthday to YOU though! Since I see you had a 40th anniversary, I guess you've finally turned 50, huh?! I've enjoyed catching up to you! When do you head back home?

Susan said...

And the name of this wonderful restaurant is...? Paul usually fixes our Mexican food, but once in a while it's nice to let someone else cook.

What a great birthday lunch!

Darcie said...

Oooh...the Shrimp and the tiles sound like enough of an excuse for a repeat trip back to that little restaurant!!! Yum.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO YOU, MARCIE!!!

Darlene said...

You're still in AZ? Where did you go to lunch? When do you go home? Can I take you to lunch before you leave?

Libby said...

mmmmm - Mexican is my favorite . . . I'd eat it every day, if I could *s*