Friday, April 04, 2008

LIBBY ON THE LABEL!

I was very excited yesterday to receive a darling homespun
"Libby Quilt" in the mail! My friends, Joan and Sue, were here and we were going to a birthday lunch for Sue, so they were able to enjoy the opening of the package with me and share my excitement! And look! It says Libby on the Label!!! I laughed out loud when I read what she wrote. "A Lot of Patches 4 Marcie", in case you can't see it. You may know that Libby is cleaning out her scrap bag. These are all little squares of her scraps sewn down raw edged through the top, batting and back. It's Simply Libby! I love it!

I had to laugh because when my friend Joan came over she said she cleaned her sewing room and threw out a whole bag of scraps. She was proud, I was horrified! Then Libby's quilt came and Joan said, "I'm going to haul those scraps out of the trash"! I have to call and see if she did!

My friend Pat, from North Bend, WA sent me a box of scraps that are really wonderful. Pat knows me so well. She actually taught me the mechanics of making quilts when I first started on this grand adventure. When I look at what she sent I realize how well she knows what I love and I will think of her every time I use a piece from that box. It is wonderful how quilting can bring us together in so many ways. Or should I say SEW many ways. Yeah, I know--feel free to whip me with a wet strip of your favorite fabric. (Can I have it when you are done?)

Finn wrote a lovely blog the other day that I recommend you read, if you missed it. She has such a beautiful way with words and I think she often expresses what so many of us feel, and it connects us. I just love my blogging friends. I gotta stop now, I'm gonna cry!

Have a happy day my friends!

6 comments:

Carin said...

Beautiful quilt from Libby! It will be fun to here if your friend dug her sraps out. :O)

Karen said...

What a great quilt gift! Working with scraps is so fun.

Michele Bilyeu said...

I just love all of your stories, Grandma Mousie...too cute! And Libby's Quilt is wonderful and a terrific reminder to us all how beautiful things come in small patches :)

Libby said...

I'd love to see what your friend makes with her retrieved scraps *s* You just never know what you'll find in those bags and baskets!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh fun! What a fun way to make a quilt!

Stina Blomgren said...

Thoose scraps are magical...never knows what becomes of them...and this ones a proof of a magical moment...Twice as treasured...Love it..