Friday, August 29, 2008

BLUE X TWO

At long last I have completed these two baby quilt tops! Last post I showed a corner of the above quilt, but, as you can see I changed the corners. I loved the Friendship Stars so much, and I happened to have several, so I took the 4-patch blocks out of the corners of this quilt and added stars. It would have been fine if I hadn't seen the stars, but I am happier with this. What do you think? Oh, and humility blocks have been discovered and will remain as they are.
The second little quilt quickly became my favorite. Those darn little stars did the trick! Now for the quilting!
A side note to my last blog post, I received a comment from Karen Dianne who reminded me that she sews in her kitchen and has her fabric stored in the pantry! Go check out her blog and see her pretty pantry! (And her progress on her Indian Paintbrush quilt, which she re-named to suit herself. Imagine!)
Have a happy scrappy day!

20 comments:

Tazzie said...

Love love love those quilts Marcie, they look wonderful.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Libby said...

They are just perfect! Glad to see those white stars are already finding homes *s*

Jeanne said...

I agree! They are fantastic. Love the blues.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Marcie I love these quilts....I just can't decide which is my favorite. The stars are wonderful but I think the flying geese would get my vote. blessings, marlene

Darcie said...

Those are both totally adorable!

Deb Silva said...

Marcie, both quilts are beauties, but I love how the stars look on the 2nd one. Don't get me wrong now, the flying geese look great, but you know you just couldn't let those cute little stars go to waste. LOL

Carol said...

Love them both...the one with the stars just sparkles!

Joyce said...

I love them both but if I had to pick one it would probably be the flying geese. I'm all in favour of keeping humility blocks. THey add interest.

*karendianne. said...

Oh gosh, I love these!!! I can't decide which one I like the best either. ;) But again, these quilts are right up my alley.

You get it right every time!

Pattern Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Pure artistry, both versions!

Gypsy Quilter said...

Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Your quilts are absolutely wonderful!!! I want to make both of them....that's what I need.... another project! Thanks a lot! LOL!
Basic simple blocks make the best quilts!
Thanks for sharing!
Louise in Sweden

Unknown said...

I love the flying geese the best but both of them are super as all you do are. Ism't it fun to work with scraps and 4 patches.?

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow, your quilts are just so lovely...

corry said...

Well done Marcie! I love those quilttops and the combo red and blue...just perfect!

Janet said...

I love them both - what great quilts for little ones to snuggle up in.

Liz said...

How adorable!! I love them both, but I think I like the one with the stars a teeny bit better.

Yvonne said...

I love them both. :)

Michelle said...

Wow...those are both awesome quilts. I like the stars too...good job on two finishes!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Absolutely love them! I"m off to quilt for 4 days! I can't wait!