Thursday, September 04, 2008

NAME THAT QUILT

Lyn at Bluebird Quilts, in Australia had a contest to name the beautiful quilt, pictured above, that she made. I have been watching the progress of this quilt for a while now, and just love it. It is lovely in its simplicity and soothing blue color. I submitted a name for the quilt, Blessings Remembered, which I thought reflected the name of the original vintage quilt that she was duplicating. Lyn chose my name from a list of many nice names, and sent me a lovely package all the way from Australia!

Above is the darling little box that Lyn sent me, laying on a really pretty dish towel. The little bundle of blue fabric squares are from the Blessings Remembered quilt! What a treat! There were also pretty quilt labels, and sitting on one of them is two little soap rosettes.
I opened the box and found more tiny treasures! Two pretty pins, stickers, packages of fragrance, and a beautiful embossed quilt card. I think I will frame that! I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Lyn, so very much! Be sure and visit Lyn's blog to see what else she is up to.

3 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, what a pretty gift. You do have a knack for writing and thinking up good names. (thank you for adding the link to my needlepunch patterns on your sidebar, how nice is that!)

Liz said...

Congratulations!! How fun for your quilt name to be chosen, and even more fun to get a package in the mail!

Karen said...

Lyn's quilt is so soft & pretty looking. I will check her blog.