Wednesday, February 04, 2009

FEELING THE LOVE

OK, I'm back--down to earth that is. It was a thrill to see my quilt in print, and I am hoping I can drum up some business from that. But by far, the coolest thing was having so many fellow bloggers drop me a note saying they were excited too! I really enjoy your friendship through the blogs we share with each other. Thank you so much! And I know McCall's Quilting magazine will enjoy a huge surge in sales this month! LOL!




And now--back to real life!


My darling son, my baby, has announced that he is getting married! My son Renn and I are pictured above. Soon I will have to share him with another woman. His alligiances are changing. Well, that is one of the rules of marriage! It's a good thing! However, there is a sucker punch -- they are getting married March 14th in Las Vegas! Yikes! But never fear, they are not headed for the Elvis Chapel, they have a reservation at the LDS Temple. All I can say is that I am glad he has finally found the woman of his dreams. He is 30 years old, and I was beginning to wonder if it would ever happen. Congratulations Renn! May all your dreams come true!





16 comments:

Yvonne said...

Congratulations to your son....how wonderful! Great picture of the both of you. :)

sewprimitive karen said...

Congratulations, Marcie, good photo of the two of you! And your scrappy Williamsburg, I swan, you are doing so well with that beautiful pattern! I clicked on the link and saw a few new versions. Love the scrappy crow, and aren't we all Happy Scrappy Crows?? Oops well maybe I should just speak for myself lol.

Anonymous said...

Congrats again Marcie...you get a new daughter-in-law!!! Enjoyed our chat the other day and thinking you must be awfully busy getting ready for the big event!

Ginny Worden said...

Congrats Marcie, on the addition to your family. It gives me hope for my 30 year old son. I hope you will keep us in the loop with the plans for the big day.

Tazzie said...

Congratulations Marcie, what a wonderful reason for celebrating! And also a wonderful reason for making a quilt!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Liz said...

Wow! That is so exciting! Will there be a reception anywhere? Where is she from? Tell me everything!!

Melanie said...

So many Congrats!!! I'll definitely be buying the magazine!!! Love your son's name...The date will be here before you know it.

Libby said...

Congratulations to you, your son and his bride to be *s*
Now to get out there and find my own personal copy of the magazine. Have you thought about perhaps autographing a few?

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding of your son! I wish them many, many happy years together.

*karendianne. said...

Wonderful news and Marcie, you look so happy. It's your smile that gives it away every time. I'm thrilled for the news. March 14th ha? I guess that means no time to whip out a Double Wedding Ring quilt.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh congrats for Renn! We have a big wedding coming up in the fall too!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the upcoming nuptuals.
Love visiting your blog and seeing all the beautiful quilt inspiration you provide.
keep up the good work
A non blogger
Dawn in MA

StitchinByTheLake said...

Congratulations Marcie on the quilt and the daughter-in-love. :) I'm out of town and still haven't seen the magazine but I will....soon! blessings, marlene

Shakerwood said...

Congratulations! I can see there is hope for mine that I was starting to wonder about. When the right one comes along......but it has to be on God's schedule, not ours.

Anonymous said...

Oh, congratulations! Another child through the temple. How glorious for your family!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Congrats to your son. Our son who just turned 30 in January got married last April in the Valley of Fire state park outside Vegas. It was wonderful and I hope your sons wedding is too!

Shhh - don't let my hubby hear how perfect he is!! LOL