Monday, February 09, 2009

THE GRAND SCHEME


After so much good advice I was in an even bigger quandary. My last post showed two colors that I was contemplating for the alternate strips on my quilt. Personally, I was so torn on which fabric was best. I liked them both! You know how you sometimes ask for help from a higher power? So here I am asking God what my best choice would be. In my head I heard a voice say, "I am forwarding you to my Artistic Angel". Well, I have been on hold ever since. I guess that shows you where this priority lies in the grand scheme of things!

So after much deliberation, and pretty much by popular vote, I decided to go with the brown fabric and the name Fudge Factor. No thanks to my Artistic Angel, who may be off trying to decide what color to paint the sky today. I admit they do a fabulous job with that.
So, I decided I better look up the definition of Fudge Factor before I name my quilt. The online dictionary gives this definition:
an arbitrary mathematical term inserted into a calculation in order to arrive at an expected solution or to allow for errors especially of underestimation

OK, that fits. I just wanted to make sure it didn't say something like, "too much sugar in your system can make you stoopid".
So Fudge Factor it is! The photo shows the progress I made yesterday. It may not look like much progress, but I always end up at the computer for far too long. I have to admit, I am feeling better about this quilt. Thanks for your input, and I will have more to show later, after I get a haircut, run to Target, stop at Home Depot, shop for groceries, fix dinner, do laundry, vacuum.... Or maybe I won't have more to show for days.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the brown looks great! It really adds a punch to the layout. Love the name too!
Minniestitches

Betsy said...

this is a beautiful quilt.
did u design it?

Carol said...

I LOVE it!

Paula said...

Perfect fabric choice and I LOVE the name!! Great job....again, as always!

sewprimitive karen said...

How you think of these great names all the time, I'll never know, but that's one great name. The quilt looks very truly like an antique quilt!

Libby said...

*mmmm* So delicious and chocolate-y - just the kind of goodness we can all indulge in and feel NO guilt!

Quilts And Pieces said...

OH - I LOVE it! I love that fabric now that I can see it up closer for the sashing! Yup, that is a keeper!

corry said...

The brown looks beautiful, good choice!

*karendianne. said...

I don't care what they say about you up at the
go-go Bar. I think you're the best ever on the entire planet and I hope someday I can make this quilt. Well, actually at the go-go Bar, they say at lot of goooood things.

Good Tips? Love, *karendianne.

Jeanne said...

I love it, too! You always make the nicest quilts and think of such clever names.

Tazzie said...

Love the quilt, and the name too! You're going to have a busy day - hope you have a little energy left for some stitching.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, your humor is so like your dad's! I loved this post. And I loved that you picked the brown. It just does something extra special for the blocks. If the Artistic Angel hadn't been so busy, she would have told you the same thing. Or maybe all of *us* are your AAs! =)

Janet said...

Oh its going to be one lovely quilt, well done with the brown.

Idaho Quilter said...

I think the blue would have been a good choice, But the brown is perfect. I like the name, and the quilt.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Gorgeous! Have any leftover burgundy and creams? With Heart and Hands.....: Australian Bushfires--Quilters Can Help!

Suzy said...

I absolutely LOVE this quilt and the fact that you used the same block throughout only changing the value placement. Stunning! You were right on in using the brown as well. Fudge Factor. CUTE! :o)

Elaine Adair said...

THis IS one of the loveliest quilts I've ever seen! Good thing I didn't offer a sashing choice, as I probably would have said to use BOTH options!

Keep up the lovely work, girl! 8-))

Karen said...

The quilt is progressing very well. I like the way your fabric choices make the blocks look different. The brown is a good choice for the sashings. And the name you have chosen is very interesting. Good choice, I think.

Unknown said...

Fantastic quilt- and yes, I would have voted for the brown saching if I'd been a day earlier.