Friday, February 27, 2009

QUILT FEST '09

Yesterday was such a great day! Sue, me and Joan, pictured above in that order, drove up to Newport News to attend Mid-Atlantic Quilt Fest! We are the Three Amigos, and sometimes just as goofy! It is so fun to be with friends who all relate to each other in a relaxed way that only good friends can. It is funny how different we all are, and yet how many things we have in common. Sue was at the top of her game in the humor department yesterday. We were laughing all day.

It was exciting to see my Indian Paintbrush pattern made up and kitted at the Olde Green Cupboard booth! See it on the wall behind us? They did a beautiful job, as they do with everything! I love their booth. Everything in that shop speaks to me! Gloria, the owner, does an amazing job with color and fabric in the quilts displayed. It was an honor to have my quilt right smack in the center! I hope they sell lots of kits and patterns!

I had the pleasure of meeting Mrs. Goodneedle herself! She is totally wonderful, and I loved visiting with her. Funny how well you can get to know someone through their blog and just get a feel for what kind of person they are. I wish we could have spent the entire day together. She was there with her friends too, and it was good to connect in real life!
By the way, the quilt behind us is all wool! It was being offered as a block of the month, and my friend Joan signed up for it. She is thrilled! It is a design from Primitive Gatherings.


Mary from Quilt Hollow was at Quilt-Fest also! We met up at the Olde Green Cupboard booth, where Mary bought the Indian Paintbrush kit! Yay Mary! Maybe she will show us her progress as she works on it. Mary and I have been e-mailing back and forth for a while, and it was so fun to finally meet up with her! I am so glad I was able to meet both these blogging friends, and seriously, if we hadn't arranged it, I never would have found them. It was not nearly as busy as last year, but still, the size of the facility is so large that I wouldn't have found my friends that I went with if we hadn't arranged a place to meet.


This last shot is another picture of the Olde Green Cupboard, just to show you how lovely their booth was. They even had lamps, giving a nice warm glow and making their booth appear so inviting. Above is one of their needle-punch projects beautifully framed. They also have demonstrations going on for needle-punch (or is it punch-needle?) and rug making.

Oh look! On the wall on the left side is a quilt made by our own Karen Dianne, Mistress of Leehaven! Gloria told me that Karen does beautiful work, and I got to see it for myself! Your quilt is wonderful Karen!


13 comments:

Judy said...

It was a fun day! I hadn't made plans to meet you but I did have plans to meet Mary and left her cell number at home! Not remembering what she looked like I knew I would never find her!

I liked that booth a lot! and your lovely quilt!

Libby said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. It's such fun to meet up with friends and share our love of quilting.
You must have been just thrilled to see your quilt all made up - it's a beauty and sure to sell lots and lots of patterns and kits *s*

Anne said...

How fun...quilts, vendors and new friends. Awesome! Where are your purchases?

Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun Marcie! Those are some pretty quilts, and I particularly like your pattern :o)

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, so much in this post. So many blog-friends and shop-friends. The booths are so handsome. Your Indian Paintbrush looks fantastic.

Unknown said...

how neat! your pattern looks lovely as always. indian paintbrush is one of my very favorites.
i can't believe you're meeting up with people you met online.
didn't your mother ever teach you not to?

Anonymous said...

It was so nice to meet you Marcie! We got in last night, my purchases still in the car as I was simply wiped out and just wanted to unwind. I'm tickled with the quilt kit I bought for your pattern and seeing it in the pattern confirms I loved, loved, loved it! Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

Must be tired.....I read the above....UGH...I met to say seeing it in the picture confirms....

Darcie said...

Love your pictures, Marcie! It's always so fun to see the real faces to the famous names. ;-)

Your excitement is contagious! I now cannot wait to attend some quilt shows around here!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What a great time, it was wonderful for ME to meet YOU! Thanks for taking the time away from your shopping trip... hopefully, one day, we can spend a day together!

Cheryl said...

What a fun time you had and meeting up with some fellow bloggers.. How perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hello Marcie, you must have been stoked to see your quilt pattern made up and kitted.Sounds like you had a wonderful day.I love the needle punch photo.Thank You Regards Lyn

*karendianne. said...

Such a happy day here. I love seeing the photos of quilty friends, too. Meeting them in person is the BEST though. So happy for you. I really like that framed beauty. How come I'm missing out on all this stuff? Hmmm. Maybe they keep it special for "Shows" and not for the Shop. Hmmm... I see an uprising in coming.