Thursday, July 23, 2009

Freddy, Gwen and Michele

While visiting blogs this morning I stopped in to see what Michele has been up to. She has several wonderful posts about her trip to Sisters, Oregon for the big quilt show. She met lots of cool people, including Freddy Moran and her husband Neal, pictured above, with Michele in the middle. Michele is a prolific writer and an excellent researcher. And she has received the new book written by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston which she is offering in a drawing tomorrow! I know from your blogs that there are lots of fans out there who would love to have this new book! Check out Michele's blog and maybe you will win it! I love basket quilts, and that quilt in the photo above just blows my thongs off (oh wait, they call them flip-flops now). 
Now go check out all the wonderful photos and items of interest on Michele's blog-With Heart and Hands. She should be on everyone's "must read" list!
Guess what I found while in Arizona? This quilt top that I made a few years ago! I have been looking for it for at least two years and couldn't remember where I put it, but while moving at my son's house it came to light again. It was found hanging in my granddaughter's closet, where I had carefully hung it on a hanger and covered it with something to protect it. If only I could retrieve my lost brain cells that were apparently buried in there as well. Yes, I should be content with the quilt for now, and I am. I always have projects going at my son's house, and this was a fun one that I found on Bonnie Hunter's website. I brought it home to add a border and prepare a backing. Yay! Another UFO will be completed this summer! I feel good!
Well, I feel good except for my gardening skills, which have suffered this summer. To all my blogging friends out there who are showing their beautiful flowers and veggies, let me just say: You win! I cannot compete! Kind of a cute pot though, huh? But please, no "pot shots"! haha!
[Marcie_Signature.jpg]
More details from Michele:
Blogger Michele's Quilting Journey said...

You, sweetheart, you! I remember the very first time you commented on my being a 'prolific' writer and that you could hardly keep up with me...I just howled!! I still think about it and laugh with delight ;) My big drawing for the free book from Freddy and Gwen's production company is technically tomorrow...so everyone come on Friday after 7 am Pacific time and add a comment to the post and then a link to it on your blog and you'll not only be in the drawing but have your comments read by the authors! I'm supposed to show the power of blogs and blogging. HELP! I need comments on Friday and entries in the give-away, please..ha ha. Hugs to you, Miss Marvelous Marcie!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thongs...glad you added the "s" because I just about hit the floor laughing. How fun to find one of your WIP after thinking it had gone missing!

Stina Blomgren said...

Glad you found your quilt... things like that would probably drive me crazy... knowing but not finding!!!
And ahhh.. just think your flower need a little bit more love...;o)) Or .. could it be too late...:o)))
HAve a blog to check out... see you!! :o)

Michele Bilyeu said...

You, sweetheart, you! I remember the very first time you commented on my being a 'prolific' writer and that you could hardly keep up with me...I just howled!! I still think about it and laugh with delight ;) My big drawing for the free book from Freddy and Gwen's production company is technically tomorrow...so everyone come on Friday after 7 am Pacific time and add a comment to the post and then a link to it on your blog and you'll not only be in the drawing but have your comments read by the authors! I'm supposed to show the power of blogs and blogging. HELP! I need comments on Friday and entries in the give-away, please..ha ha. Hugs to you, Miss Marvelous Marcie!

sewprimitive karen said...

Nice plant, Marcie :-). What a pretty quilt top to find again!

julieQ said...

Hpw wonderful that you found your quilt top! Something to look forward to finishing.

Lea said...

I'm so sorry Marcie, but I laugh out laud when I saw your plant .*LOL* you are so funny and fun as always, thank you for sharing this hilarious picture!

Darcie said...

My thoughts exactly: Cute pot indeed! ;-)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Wow I love your star struck top!!!!