Tuesday, January 12, 2010

THE LIST



I am checking off things on my TO DO list. Yesterday I got this quilt mailed off to my son with the bare wall. I made this quilt in 1999 when I was just beginning to try my hand at designing. I love this quilt. It was so fun to make, and not so big that I couldn't finish it. I even hand quilted it, which is something I rarely do these days. I have often thought I would like to re-make it using the beautiful fabrics that are available today. You may recognize some of these old fabrics from the 90's and earlier.


I also ordered and quickly received Triangles on a Roll. This is my HST maker of choice. I have tried other brands, but I keep coming back to Triangles on a Roll. And I found that they had free shipping if you order $25 or more. So I stocked up. A very lucky to find free shipping, but then this is my lucky year!

Also, I have a new quilt in the works! I am very excited about this design. I hope you will like it too. And I want to thank Jo Morton for the luscious array of golds that she brings us time after time. I seem to have collected a few. Are they cheddar? Gold, brass, cheddar, whatever they are I must like them! I keep buying them! 

And now for a grand finish! Yes, I completed this wall hanging, Perfectly Perched, by Lynda Hall from the American Patchwork and Quilting magazine, Dec. 2009 issue. I loved it when I saw it, and then Lori made it, and then Libby made it. I was hooked. I did my applique in wool.




This one is Libby's. She made hers into a big pillow and shows it here alongside her Church Cat pillow, a Cheri Saffiote Payne design. Libby and Lori are two very prolific and fabulous bloggers. You probably already read their blogs. They are two of my favorites among so many favorites!





13 comments:

Annette said...

Your "old" quilt is beautiful! I don't think quilts ever go out of style and its fun to see fabrics from the past. I really like your applique too.

Janet said...

I agree! Nothing out of style about that lovely quilt. I like those triangles on a roll too - I can't wait to see what you're up to with your Jo Morton fabric.

Lori said...

Ah, thanks Marcie. Your Perfectly Perched looks wonderful! I did mine in wool too and love it!
I'm also a fan of tringles on a roll and have several sizes of paper too.
Thank goodness your son wont have a bare wall anymore!!!

Elaine Adair said...

The 'old' quilt is one that will look good for a VERY long time - those are my favorites!! It's a beauty.

Sherri said...

Great Quilts! The one from December 2009 AP & Q is on my to do list as well! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

Rose Marie said...

I like all the versions of this hanging ....

DeAnna said...

Love all the quilts. I've never done applique but it is on my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing!

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, what a scrumptious post. Those gold blocks egads they are gorgeous! Why don't you just start in on making your son's quilt again? Maybe it would be done before you know it :-) except for that pesky applique of course.

Susan said...

I look forward to seeing what all those little gold blocks become!

Unknown said...

Marcie, it looks like everyone said what I was going to say. Love that quilt. Who cares what era the fabrics were made, I still have a lot of them in my large stash.
Hm, now what are you going to do with those new blocks. Seems I have a lot of that kind of block from leftover scraps. Will be anxious to see your new design.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I LOVE your pear tree quilt! I"ve been wanting to do it ever since I saw it in the magazine. But I"ve just been so busy. Yours is great!

Libby said...

Triangles on a roll . . . . maybe someday you could give me a lesson. I always end up stretching the dickens out of my patches when I pull out the paper *s*

Karen said...

And so your luck continues. I am expecting a really big announcement from you in the near future because it is your lucky year!