Friday, February 19, 2010

INCA GOLD

Here is the unveiling of Inca Gold. I have been showing teasers for a while, and here is the whole enchilada, so to speak. My quilter on this was Rosemary Skinner, a local Virginia Beach gal who did a fabulous job quilting this for me! The photos should open up when you click on them to give you a better view of her quilting. I LOVE what she did!  

  


 




I love designing and creating quilts, but darn it all, those long arm quilters really bring the whole thing to life, don't they? My hats off to all you quilting artists out there and special thanks to Rose on her beautiful work!

This quilt will be going to What's Your Stitch 'N Stuff, the LQS here, to be on display for the Shop Hop that starts next week. Also next week is The Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, just across the bridge from here. If you are passing thru town be sure and stop at the shop and tell them that I sent you! They will treat you right over there, I promise! It is a GREAT shop! Plus, they carry a complete line of Patchalot Patterns! Whooo hoo!





19 comments:

Annette said...

Wow, what a great quilt! I love your pattern.

Sue-Anne said...

I love your quilt and I agree, they really come to life when they are quilted. I'm sure you will get lots of ooh's and aah's from the viewers at the show.

Yvonne said...

It's gorgeous! It's a wonderful collaboration. :)

Anonymous said...

Gosh Marcie...I'd have loved to see this one in person and I miss it! Congrats on a new wonderful pattern!!

Janet said...

It does look wonderful quilted! Have fun at the festival!

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's a beautiful quilt - I never cease to be amazed at what happens when you turn blocks on point! Wonderful color selections and movement. blessings, marlene

sewprimitive karen said...

Wow, I am proud to be your friend Marcie, what a beautiful quilt and what wonderful quilt events coming up and they feature your Inca Gold! Way to go!!

Tazzie said...

Just gorgeous Marcie, another entirely wonderful quilt. And the quilting is just divine too. What a triumph!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Jenni said...

It's a very striking quilt, well done.

Janet said...

What a great quilt Marcie and the quilting on it is wonderful as well. Beautiful!

Carol said...

Marcie it is just beautiful! What a great design!

Linda said...

It's beautiful! You are right, the quilting brings the quilt to life. Great job to both.

julieQ said...

Your quilt is truly beautiful, Marcie. It truly is Gold!

Suburban Stitcher said...

Gorgeous quilt finish! The quilting IS beautiful!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Marcie! It is beautiful! and yes, quilting makes them come to life! Well sometimes when I do it it brings them to their death, but that is another story!

Lori said...

Awesome quilt- wonderful quilting!!! What a duo!!

Libby said...

Dee-lish! It's sure to be a hit!

pat said...

Looks like you've found a good local quilter! I really like the feather work she's done in the background. It helps offset the geometric nature of this gorgeous quilt. A good quilter knows how to balance the quilting against the design of the quilt, and it looks like you've found one!! Yea, Marc!

onlymehere said...

I agree that the quilting can really make a quilt come alive. I have one that I picked up a little bit ago that I really love what she did on it. I've had so much going on that I haven't had time to photograph it yet and post it! Thanks for your kind comments on my son. It was a less than 1-minute call but it was so unexpected and so appreciated. If he hadn't called I would have spent all those hours wondering about him while I watched CNN waiting for the tsunami to hit. As it was I watched CNN all day anyway until Hawaii was taken off of alert. Thank heavens no one was hurt and the people of Hawaii didn't suffer any ill from this. I like your quilt you've posted too and the use of color. I'm going to have to try this combination some day bz I love it!