Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Season of Fun



These two cute girls have been with us for the past couple weeks, my granddaughter, Danielle, and her friend Mabry. It has been rather busy around here. Along with the girls, my son and his wife were here and also my dad. We had a great time together. Fun at the beach, riding bikes, reading, and food from the grill. After a week all the adults went home.

And then we took the girls to New York City for the weekend. Pictures of them are on my family blog, but this one is about ME! So we were walking down Broadway in the Fashion District and I had to have my picture taken with this guy at the sewing machine.

We took the girls to Soho shopping. There are some really great shops there for teens, young adults, and for those who need to be trendy (not me). The shop I loved the most was All Saints Clothing, and it was not because of the cloths. I loved the decor.


All Saints Clothing had walls of old Singer sewing machines! 


And huge spools!
I just basked in the environment that I love. And you know it is not trendy clothes!




8 comments:

Angie said...

Those girls are gorgeous! And so's that lady standing there with the giant and his giant sewing machine!! :) What a fun time!

Sue said...

Sounds like you had some real quality time with your family which is the greatest joy.
That shops decor is amazing no wonder you didn't need to look at the clothes.
Continue to have fun.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Did you redecorate when you returned home? You'd have to hit a heap of yard sales to find that many Singers! That is amazing, Marcie!! I know you had a grand time and so did the girls, enjoy~

sewprimitive karen said...

Those machines! And the way they are displayed against the brick wall, etc., isn't that gorgeous. Wonder if they work and are maintained and what the story is on that. Love the mannequins that are life-size versions of artists mannequins, too, with the jointed limbs, how cool is that!!

Janet said...

What great decor!! I love how those machines were displayed. Enjoy your time with the girls :0)

Anonymous said...

I could have starred at those sewing machines for hours...oh and I do love the wall of spools!
Enjoy the time spent with the girls!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh that sculpture is wonderful! But I love the wall of sewing machines even more!

QuiltingFitzy said...

The wall of machine is FANTASTIC!

I was hoping the "Season of Fun" was announcing another Christmas pattern. Will you be doing one this year?

Shopping in Soho, one could only dream.