Monday, December 27, 2010

My Lucky Stars!

I saw so many pretty Christmas scenes as I cruised around Blogland the past week. I hope your Christmas, or Hanuka for 2010 was a joyous one! Ours was sweet and quiet. We usually travel to see our kids but this year we stayed home, and altho we missed being with family, we didn't miss the airport scene one bit. And then the storm hit the east coast! Even here in Virginia Beach we got snowed in!  This is the view out on our covered deck. 

 Aside from the usual holiday cooking, I have gotten some stitching done as well. I created a little sampler design to go into the center of the ABC Sampler Doll Quilt. So now the pattern will provide directions for a cross-stitched center, or an optional focus fabric center. Pattern coming soon!


And I am stitching up these crazy stars as well. Marcus Fabrics was kind enough to leave a big box of fabric on my doorstep and I have been seeing stars ever since! You may remember that in January I said that 2010 would be my lucky year, and indeed it has been! What a sweet culmination! Nothing like being snowed in with a box of Marcus fabric, EQ7 and my trusty Bernina!  

This is where I thank my lucky stars! 

Wishing you all a warm and wonderful New Year!




9 comments:

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, those stars are superb. Am looking forward to seeing them in a (Marcus lol) quilt! Your ABC Sampler pattern is really adorable, too!!

Cathy said...

Wow, I like your new pattern with the sampler in the middle! Lots of snow here in NJ too, so I'm taking advantage of my snowed in time by cutting out my next project.

Elaine Adair said...

Stars are just perfect! Traditional, plucky red and bright - so friendly! You have a lovely sense of color and balance. 8-))

Karen said...

I told you that you were going to start getting boxes of fabric from the fabric companies!

Janet said...

A box of fabric - that sounds marvelous!! Your stars look wonderful and the little sampler quilts are darling - I can't decide which I like better :0)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Well aren't you the busy one? Making "hay" while the snow falls... good for you!! I think your doll quilt/sampler is the cutest thing I've seen. I can't wait to see more stars... if it stays cold and snowy maybe you'll create an entire galaxy.

Angie said...

Gorgeous fabrics, Marcie!! Indeed, your lucky stars! :) I wouldn't have minded a box of fabric landing on my doorstep one little bit! :D I love the little sampler quilt. And oh my stars, I do love star blocks....Adorable quiltlets, girl! It IS a lot of fun being snowed in with fabric, sewing machines....as long as the electric doesn't go out. ;)

Lori said...

It sounds like a wonderful way to spend a snowy day!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Cute stars!!!! And what a great package!