Thursday, May 19, 2011

Destination: Salt Lake City!

Welcome to Salt Lake City! The biggest attraction here is Temple Square. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day-Saints is headquartered in Salt Lake City, and Temple Square is a destination for visitors and church members alike. Joan and I went there on Thursday night last week and took a brief tour. Then we had the opportunity to listen to the Tabernacle Choir as they rehearsed. We both loved it! Temple Square is beautiful! The gardens are always lovely, but right now it is full of thousands of tulips and other spring flowers. Wow! Gorgeous! All those photos are on Joan's camera. However, I found another blog with fantastic photos of Temple Square and the tulips--you really should take a look, as I don't want to steal them. 

The event that took us to Salt Lake City was, of course, Quilt Market! We loved being there and seeing all the beautiful quilts and booths and meeting up with friends we have met in the past.

Here is my booth, looking a little crammed with quilts! I guess I thought I had more room than I actually had! I am still learning about setting up, etc. Last year My Happy Place was the big winner, so I brought it again. I sold some of everything, but the big winners this year were Saddle Tramp, Prairie Fire and Country Baskets. It is always fun to see what people will gravitate to, I guess that is why I hate to leave anything out! Check my website if you want to order patterns.


We had so much fun and I have tons more pictures that I will parcel out.
So adorable of Joan! What would I do without her?!

We had a great time in Utah and saw lots of family and beautiful scenery as well. I hope to share more in the coming days. Right now I am in Arizona. I arrived here yesterday to visit with loved ones while I am still in the West. I am cramming in as much as I can! 


All is well! Come back again! And if you placed an order, please be patient, I will be home late next week.

17 comments:

bettyp said...

so your making and selling quilts?? They look beautiful all up in there !!! Have fun !!

Janet said...

Your booth looks MARVELOUS!! You did a great job of displaying your warm and inviting quilts.

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb P said...

Such a nice, eye-pleasing booth!

Michelle said...

Your booth looked amazing! I love your designs/patterns...I want to make one of each! :)

sewprimitive karen said...

Oh, Marcie, your booth is beautiful. I am so happy for your Market successes!!

Gayle said...

Thanks for your kind words about SLC and Utah! I love living here and sometimes forget that people come from all over the world to see the beautiful things that I take for granted!

Your booth is awesome - I love your quilt designs! The colors speak to me.......

Anonymous said...

Your booth looks exactly like one that I would spend too much time in...just eye-balling everything and making sure not to miss a thing! All of your quilts are spot on ME! Love it...congrats on your success!!

onlymehere said...

Yay, you were in my neck of the woods! The temple grounds are always so beautiful. I think the booth looks nice too and I see some of my favorites in there as well!

Jan said...

Your booth looks incredible, just jam packed with quilts!

pat said...

Marce--looks like you had a fabulous time! Your booth looked great; I love the layered, bounteous look and feel to it. You have been very productive--I'm proud of you!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh Marcie! Your booth looks wonderful!

Appalachian Mercantile said...

Your booth looks awesome! Hope you sold lots and lots!

Laurel said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed the Temple Square tulip pictures! It was my first Quilt Market and I was overwhelmed with it all, in a very good way. Loved your booth! Wish I would have had time to savor each one.

Thanks for your comment and I hope you enjoyed your time in sunny Mesa.

John'aLee said...

Beautiful booth Marcie!

Jeanne said...

Your booth looks terrific! It's the kind that would draw me right in as soon as I saw it. The patterns are all winners in my book!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Your booth is adorable! Absolutely artistic, colorful, and great fun! I'm sure they gravitated to you as much as your patterns and your booth. Oh, this does look like fun. Bestest wishes on the upcoming surgery. If you need reading material look in American Patchwork & Quilting (Aug) page 1. You will need a magnifying glass.But 15 minutes of minutiae is better than no fame at all ;)And a big hooray to my cause of choice ;)