Sunday, November 04, 2012

GOT SOCKS?

 
Hi everyone, I am in Arizona this week. I came here right from market. The weather here could not be nicer. And of course it is great to be around family. I am anxious to share photos from Quilt Market, and will do that soon, I promise. 

While I am enjoying beautiful weather here, I am still  seeing scenes on TV of the horrible devastation on the east coast from Hurricane SandyToday I came across this blog, The Shed. This blog provides a name and address for someone who is there, on the front lines, so to speak, and she is willing to deliver clean clothes to those in need right now! Please follow the link and read Laura's message. Maybe you will feel inspired to send socks, or more. I know there are many ways to help, so follow your heart and choose one. 
 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.  (1 Cor 13:13)

5 comments:

Darlene said...

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun - we hope you'll enjoy your stay.
:-)

I hope Market was a great success for you, Marcie.

onlymehere said...

I know you said you just came across this blog. Did you find them through a link you can trust? I'd like to send some socks as I have new ones in my 72-hour emergency kits (packages) but I want to make sure that they truly get to those in need.
Cindy

Michelle said...

Great post Marcie...such devastation and we all can do at least a little bit to help. :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Terrific information here, thanks Marcie!

Yvonne said...

Thanks Marcie for letting us know....I shipped off a box today. I hope you had a fabulous time at Market....enjoy your time with your family. :)