Sunday, November 25, 2012

Snowy Stitches

I hope my American readers had a lovely Thanksgiving! The weather is cooling down around the country and snow is once again falling in the northern climes. Quilters are nestled down in fabric and batting stitching up favorite designs. Some quilters, like Lisa Bongean, shown below, have the most adorable snowman quilts, along with other winter confectioneries.

 I had the pleasure of meeting up with Lisa at Quilt Market recently. Her booth, Primitive Gatherings, is always a hot spot at market. Does this not look like a winter wonderland? Follow the link to Lisa's shop and find all kinds of wonderful treasures and kits that you can order on line. I was excited to find my own newest patterns (page 8 and 9) on her link to NEW items. Yes, Lisa buys from me on the condition that I quit stalking her. It's not easy, but I try.

You may know Pat Wys from her darling Silver Thimble Quilt Co. Her designs are cheerful and colorful, often with lots of applique. Pat is lots of fun and shows everyone a good time! Visit her blog at Silver Thimble Talk.

Since we began with snowmen, this is such a darling snowman quilt designed by Pat! It's called Snowbound, and gives you a taste of what Pat does. I love it!
 Paula Barnes and Mary Ellen Robinson, co-owners of Red Crinoline Quilts (formerly Bonnie Blue Quilts) had a booth right close to mine. Paula's designs are fabulous! And Mary Ellen stitches them to perfection. What a team! I loved visiting with them and their booth was beautiful!


This is a pretty little corner of my booth where I framed one of Karen Mowery's Primitive Children. Doesn't it look sweet? You can see a better picture of it on her website Primitive Children. Karen is a dear friend of mine and her talent is amazing! You probably know Karen from her blog, Sew Primitive. And of course she is the now famous author of A Bountiful Life!
Hey, it has five stars at Amazon!!! But ask for it at your LQS first. We like to support shops!


5 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Hey Marcie,
Thanks for the lovely post and EVEN BETTER it was sooo great to see you at market. I love your designs!! Let's get together at market next time when it is not super crazy.(this is food for thought isn't it..when isn't it crazy!)

Have a blessed holiday.
Pat

Angie said...

Great pictures, Marcie. :) Love Pat's (Silver Thimbles) snowman quilt. :p Happy Thanksgiving, sweet friend.

AnnieO said...

You sure did get around and hit all the high spots, Marcie! Thanks for sharing all that quilty goodness from Houston :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love all the gorgeous booth shots and especially YOURS! Hugs to you~

Oh, how I have drooled over Karen's ABL book, it is truly a beautiful publication!

sewprimitive karen said...

Marcie, another group of beautiful booth shots. I love the framed print of my painting by the way. All those lovely designers, ahhhh, you know them all now, dear Marcie!