Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanks to Cheri!

I know, I know. You don't hear from me for ages and then here I am two days in a row. I just wanted to show my little quilt that I made from a design that Cheri Payne shared on her blog. Cheri calls it Sew Thankful. I didn't quite have it ready for the Thanksgiving table, but I worked on it over the weekend.
Cheri's blog is HERE, and you can find the quilt  project HERE.  Cheri is a favorite designer among the primitive crowd. I am not as totally primitive as some, but I do have one foot in it, and I love Cheri's designs!
In order to make it easier for myself, I worked up Cheri's design in EQ. I lightened the background and then printed off the copy. It looks pretty cute in gold too! But after laying the blocks on various colors I decided to go with a really dark olive. I love it! It is made with one inch strips, making each square in each 9-patch a half inch. The 9-patch blocks measure 1-1/2 finished. Thanks so much to Cheri for her great designs and her generosity in sharing!

While Joan and I were at Quilt Market we ran into Cheri's sister, Barri Sue Gaudet of Bareroots fame. It's funny who you meet in hotel elevators! Barri Sue is as sweet as can be and invited us to a book signing where we were delighted to get a signed copy of her latest book! I have made several of her projects over the years, and a good many of you have too, I am sure!
 We also were happy to meet Joyce Weeks and Norma Whaley of Geoff's Mom Quilt Patterns. They were also at our hotel. I kind of wanted to just start knocking on doors to see who would answer! I have been so impressed with the work that these ladies do. Some of you may remember the Ancestor Quilt I made a couple years ago. That was Norma's design before she and Joyce were partners. It was fun to have Joyce recognize me because we follow each other on Pinterest! Isn't the world a funny place!
It wouldn't be market without a stop to see Anne Sutton at Bunny Hill. Her booth is always so sweet, as she is, with playful little characters flouncing around.

Now it is time for me to get to work on cleaning and packing and hopefully sneak in some sewing! Thanks for stopping to visit!

8 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh, my GOODNESS~ how teeny tiny those blocks are; I just LOVE IT!! I just know that all of these quilt celebs were more than delighted to make your acquaintance too, my friend!

Gayle said...

Hey Marcie - Your version of Cheri's little 9-patch quilt looks fabulous. It's on my list of 'someday' projects too - the olive green is perfect for it.

The gals at Geoff's Mom are from here in Utah - I'm a fan although I've never met them - they have a friend named Leslie Ison who I DO know and she is every bit as talented as them.

Anonymous said...

I was bummed not to win the little quilt from Cheri. It's been on my mind and then I see your making it! Love it!

Shakerwood said...

Yuppers, I was hoping to win that one from Cheri, too. I really like yours, too! That darker background seems to be the ticket!

quiltsbycheri said...

OH My GoSH!!! Marcie... am totally blown away by that diagram, now you're making my little primitive quilts look GooD!!!! nice job, if you didn't already have a good, creative job i might have needed to hire you......totally agree with you my sister is the "sweet" one :) miss market sometimes, when i see all the fun had.....but then remember all the stress & work before the fun!
enjoy

Angie said...

This is just adorable!! I love seeing pictures from your Quilt Market trip---can I go knocking on doors with you?? ;D

Kindred Quilts said...

Hi Marcie... so nice of you to share pictures from market, putting faces with the designers, and showing us a little of their booths. It's almost like being there! Well, maybe not, but it's sure nice to see it all through your camera lens! Thank you!

sewprimitive karen said...

Nice nice pictures and comments too!